3 day long design workshop

Client

GetVirality

Project

Connect Instagram Micro-Influencers with entrepreneurs

My Role

Stakeholder interview, Prototyping, Usability Testing

Problem

Design a completly new process for users

Overview

Not too long ago, members of the UX Studio visited us in order to carry out a user experience designing process of GetViralty within a 3-day workshop. GetVirality is a platform which helps Instagram micro-influencers to create sponsored content. In return, companies provide the product or service to be tested for free or offer discounts for their partners. GetVirality targets influencers with less than 10000 followers, so we had to create a quickly and easily understandable process. We only had little time to achieve this so we tried to cooperate with the team in the most effective way.

DAY1

Empathize

After the kick-off meeting, we got down to work and started to collect information about the project.
The first step was a stakeholder interview, where I tried to find out the answers to the following questions:

1. The idea of the product and its background

2. What problem does it target?

3. Who are the users?

4. Why can it be successful?

5. What is the current situation on the market?

6. What obstackles are there to face?

Based on these questions we created a user interview script and conducted a survey with 4 users. The information collected in the user interviews was used to create personas.

User Interview

We selected users who have between 500 and 7000 followers (3200 on avarage). We asked our micro-influencers about their habits such as:

Who follows them? Do they know their followers?

Have they ever had sponsored contents?

If yes, how did they share the sponsored content?

Have they ever tried to use an app for this purpose?

Is they actively looking for opportunities to share sponsored content?

Has they ever participated in GetVirality campaigns? If yes, what is they experience? If no, why not?

Based on the information received in the interview we created a persona taking into consideration the following aspects:

1. Previous experience

2. Kontext

3. Problems

4. Motivation

Customer Journey

I tried to plan an easy customer journey map to be able to keep the schedule.

Hi! This is an SVG image. On mobile, just to zoom in. 1. Find the GetVirality! πŸ” 2. Registration πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ 3. Browsing on the campaign page πŸ“· 4. Find an awesome campaign. Let’s do it! πŸ‘πŸΌ 5. Read the conditions & apply for the campaign ✍️ 6. Waiting for the selection πŸ™‡β€β™‚οΈ 7. β€œYou are the chosen one” ✌️ 8. Let’s think about the content πŸ€” 9. Sponsor package arrived. πŸ‘Œ 10. Make content to the instagram. 🀳 11. The company is checking my pictures. πŸ™‡β€β™‚οΈ 12. β€œIt was OK! I will upload the pics.” πŸ“± Get the reward.

With the help of the user journey map we were able to zoom on the more problematic areas. By selecting these and examining them further we came up with ideas for prototyping.

  1. The main objective of using the app (selectedl parts of the user journey)
  2. Defininig the steps: What does the user do?
  3. What does the user experience?
  4. How can we improve the experience? (colors + ideas)

DAY2

Customer Journey

We spent the second day with planning. So many ideas, problems, thoughts have come up that we went through several piles of post-its. We consulted the Impact Effort table when organizing the ideas to choose the most important features to concentrate on the next day.

The next step was sketching. After the Crazy 8s, we used the Solution Sketch to organize our thoughts and finally all we had to do was to prepare the prototypes. All members of the team had to prepare their best sketches for the prototype. Later, from the 4 parts I compiled a whole process.

All members of the team had to prepare their best sketches for the prototype. Later, from the 4 parts I compiled a whole process.

DAY3

Usability Tests

For the last day, we invited 4 users for a usability test. By morning we were done with the finishing touches on the prototype and put together the interview script. We could only fit 2 test rounds and 2 rounds of iterations into the time available therefore we had to make the most of it.

The first test round showed that we had to modify the profile page, some campaign cards, and the dashboard as well. By the end of the day, we found that users do not fully understand the badges on the profile page. Later we modified these, too.

Conclusion

Even though the project GetVirality did not past the test later in another validation, we still profited a lot from this process. The results of the 3rd day became prototypes of several features, as you can see in the video below: